In an age where the opportunity to view sexually explicit material is usually just a click away, guarding your heart from temptation that leads to sin is so very important. We would like to share just a few steps you can take toward breaking the habit of sexual addiction.
- Be honest with yourself and acknowledge you have a problem.
- Tell a trustworthy person about your addiction. Then be accountable to that person.
- Dispose of all pornographic material you own. Don’t keep any of it.
- Internet pornography is an insidious threat. Don’t go there. Buy blocking software.
- Be patient, and resist feeling defeated each time you fail. Your addiction took time to develop; it will take time to overcome.
- Pray about your problem. Rely on God for deliverance and strength. God promises to make a difference in your life. Allow Him to give you the special strength you need to fight this battle and ultimately have the victory.